Every morning clock radios announce the start of another day. We roll out of bed…. an old ache, pain, and a little worry makes its presence known, just like the day before. We have coffee, tea, or maybe even caffeinated soda in an attempt to energize the same tired face reflected in the mirror.
There comes a time when each one of us begins to feel our age, and we’re starting to live it too. By the time we hit our 50’s, we may have feelings that our lives are not as it could be. Yes, there are pills, and many varieties of quick fixes, also called the Life Makeover. Everything from creams to diets and Botox injections, perfect-sounding and easy “fountains of youth”. Let’s face it, most of us are looking for ways to slow the ticking of our biological clocks.
Factors That Cause You To Age earlier
Stress, diet and sleep all affect your appearance and the rate at which you age.
Stress affects the whole body and causes imbalances that lead to disease and overall ill health, and may accelerate the aging process. Stress reduction is seen as central to healthy aging, and is considered a proactive effort. Meditate on the Word daily, keep a journal, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet, and you will be well on your way to healthy aging.
Tactics to help combat those factors
* Forgive and let the baggage go, it’s the quickest method available to aid us in healing from previous traumas, negative belief systems, and unwanted baggage that many of us unconsciously carry around with us.
* Keep a gratitude journal to focus on the positive side of life.
* Keep a healthy diet and fast. Fasting is perhaps the most powerful tip for staying youthful. Many of us literally eat ourselves to death. Note: there are many types of fasts and many reasons for fasting. It’s wise to check with your health care practitioner before fasting.
* Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day. By drinking water, you are not only re-hydrating your body, it also improves skin elasticity, and reinforces healing collagen, which will slow the manifestation of wrinkles, and sagging.
* Cayenne pepper enables blood to circulate more freely by dilating the blood vessels, thus carrying necessary oxygen and nutrients through the body, it also strengthens your immune system and thins blood, reinforces the heart and regulates blood pressure and palpitations.
* Working out also helps to preserve general health, thus ensuring that you age slower and healthier. Physical exercise boosts the rate of your metabolism, which ensures healthy weight management through the aging years, something of utmost importance since metabolism naturally slows as we age and weight gain becomes more probable. Consequently, your body will not be strained by overweight and obesity, and the aging process will be slowed down.
When you use these tactics it should help provide you with healing to the mind, body, and spirit and offer a balanced state to improve your overall mental and physical wellness.